Friday, 20 April 2007

That girl blew down my house

"Whatever its actual content and overt interest, every poem is rooted in imaginative awe. Poetry can do a hundred and one things - delight, sadden, amuse, instruct - it may express every possible shade of emotion, and describe every conceivable kind of event, but there is only one thing that all poetry must do; it must praise all it can for being and for happening."
~ W. H. Auden

As I type this, I'm listening to Rugged Fantasia's new album (post about it coming up, it's amazing) - the track "That girl blew down my house," go listen here - Katy's beautiful, matchless voice, singing, "What a wonderful world." It strikes me that writing a poem is an act of worship. I don't mean worship in terms of a deity - though, in my case, it is, as I've recently become a Christian again - it's worship for the world, for life. God is life, in my view, but I know that view is by no means universal. I don't want to preach. I'm just saying that poetry is so important because it's spiritual. Art is spiritual. Life can't be divided into tidy sections.

4 comments:

Elaine said...

How true. Art does not suscribe to definition.

Simon said...

I randomly came across your blog, so hey. This is in reply to your bi-polar thread below, and I'm posting here to make sure you see: I recommend 'Touched with Fire: Manic-Depressive Illness and the Artistic Temperament' by Kay Redfield Jamison. I wish I came to it sooner myself. Hope it helps. SP

Vince said...

Hey Library Princess,

Just writing a comment re. the theme on bipolar disorder and Prof Nick Craddock. I just had a psychiatric assessment with him. Didn't realise he was so big time til I came back and looked him up on the internet.

In the hour and a half consultation, he took my history, and then went on to explain that the symptoms I'd described certainly placed me somewhere on the bipolar spectrum; bipolar II as described by textbook criteria.

Had always considered it as a real possibility, definitely thought I might be cyclothymic or something; but still a little bit taken aback by the news, since my girlfriend's a doctor, and she'd always steered me away from any kind of psychiatric self-diagnosis.

Prof Craddock was great, but did make it clear that I'd been a little bit irresponsible by not seeking help for my symptoms in the past. I think I'm just pretty lucky I got seen by him though, as any 'all clear' from another professional would have appeased my worries right up until I wound up in psychiatric care.

Not sure why I felt the need to write on your page, but seeing as you'd taken an interest in the man, thought I'd let you know that he's not just on top of things academically, but a good clinical practitioner too.

Hope you stay on top of the bipolar; take it easy,

Vince

sexy said...

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,A片,A片,情色,A片,A片,情色,A片,A片,情趣用品,A片,情趣用品,A片,情趣用品,a片,情趣用品A片,A片,AV女優,色情,成人,做愛,情色,AIO,視訊聊天室,SEX,聊天室,自拍,AV,情色,成人,情色,aio,sex,成人,情色免費A片,美女視訊,情色交友,免費AV,色情網站,辣妹視訊,美女交友,色情影片,成人影片,成人網站,H漫,18成人,成人圖片,成人漫畫,情色網,日本A片,免費A片下載,性愛情色文學,色情A片,A片下載,色情遊戲,色情影片,色情聊天室,情色電影,免費視訊,免費視訊聊天,免費視訊聊天室,一葉情貼圖片區,情色視訊,免費成人影片,視訊交友,視訊聊天,言情小說,愛情小說,AV片,A漫,AVDVD,情色論壇,視訊美女,AV成人網,成人交友,成人電影,成人貼圖,成人小說,成人文章,成人圖片區,成人遊戲,愛情公寓,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色小說,成人論壇情色文學,色情小說,情色小說,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,情色電影,aio,av女優,AV,免費A片,日本a片,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,聊天室,美女交友,成人光碟A片,A片,A片下載,做愛,成人電影,.18成人,日本A片,情色小說,情色電影,成人影城,自拍,情色論壇,成人論壇,情色貼圖,情色,免費A片,成人,成人網站,成人圖片,AV女優,成人光碟,色情,色情影片,免費A片下載,SEX,AV,色情網站,本土自拍,性愛,成人影片,情色文學,成人文章,成人圖片區,成人貼圖