Wednesday, 30 July 2008

Damn, blast and bugger

I was going to type up my journal of my trip to Mozambique. That was meant to be my next post.

However, last week, I put all my favourite belongings in a suitcase and left it on the train. Some things were easily replacable - toiletries, make-up, etc - though I could do without the expense. Some things are harder to replace because of expense or availability: my laptop, my Riverside Chaucer, my Kate Rusby traditional folk sheet music, my phone charger, my camera-to-computer link-up cable. And some things are irreplacable: an 80 page letter from a friend, the music and photos and documents on the laptop, most of my clothes, my beautiful Bible I bought in Johannesburg and, of course, the Mozambique journal. I've phoned every train company and station in the country, nearly, and it seems to have been stolen. So that's that.

The online journal (http://maybemozambique.blogspot.com), for those who have been following it, is going to be inactive for a while. I'm going to leave it open because I anticipate future mission trips. In the mean time, All Things Jesus will be over at St. Pixels, the online church (http://www.stpixels.com). I have a blog there. I'm "Laura Mary" if anyone wants to find me.

This couldn't have come at a worse time. Depression has hit. I'm irritable; I don't want to see anyone or do anything; tasks are impossible; difficulties insurmountable; faith dead; suicide tempting (but not happening); sleep evasive... Blah. I feel very sorry for my family, living with me at the moment. The helpfullest things at the moment are my boyfriend's voice on the end of the phone and distraction, when I can manage it.

Ah well, I still have lots of unfinished, literary-type posts. This place won't go empty.

1 comment:

Mary Paddock said...

Man-oh-man! I feel your pain. Losing things like a laptop is bad enough, but the personal stuff is really hard to let go of. And then there's the letdown of returning to "normal" life after an amazing mission trip (Great pictures, by the way).

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement you left on my blog. They helped a great deal.

Hang in there girl.

Jeremiah 29:11-13